R C Barrett & Co Ltd t/a Barrett & Co
R C Barrett & Co Ltd is an independent provider of accounting, tax and advisory services, operating under the trading name of Barrett & Co. The registered office is Tithe House, 15 Duke’s Ride, Crowthorne, Berkshire RG45 6LZ.
Under the Data Protection Act (1998) (the Act) R C Barrett & Co Ltd trading as Barrett & Co is registered as a data controller with the Information Commissioner.
This policy applies to information we collect about:
- Visitors to our website
- Clients and prospective clients
- Suppliers of services to us or our clients
- Employees and job applicants
If you have any questions about data protection in Barrett & Co please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The information we collect about you
When you enquire or become a client of our Practice, register an interest in any job vacancies with us or become a supplier we collect some or all of the following personal information from you depending on the nature of our relationship. This is not all collected at the initial enquiry stage:
- Date of Birth
- Personal tax reference and financial information
- Postal address, email address and telephone number
- Any other information relevant to enable us to fulfil the contract
- If you choose to submit a job or work experience placement application we will collect and hold the information that you provide in that application until the outcome of the application has been reached
- Occasionally we may receive information about you from other sources (such as other accountants or tax advisers) which we will add to the information that we already hold about you in order to help us provide the required services or comply with our legal and regulatory obligations, in particular regarding anti-money laundering.
We do not collect sensitive information unless legally required as part of the recruitment process. Sensitive information includes data relating to race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or other similar beliefs, trade union membership, physical or mental health, sexual life or criminal records.
Barrett & Co does not require you to register to access any part of the website.
How we will use the information about you
We gather this information to allow us to:
- Provide the contracted services
- Process any application for employment
- Improve the quality of services
- Keep you updated regarding events or information which you may find of interest
- Maintain our records for administrative purposes
- When obliged to do so by statutory authorities
- Comply with statutory and/or regulatory obligations
- Where necessary to verify your identity
Where you have appointed us as your accountant or tax adviser, or are supplying services to us or our clients, our legal basis for processing is “contract”.
If you have enquired about our services but are not a current client, your data is processed under the lawful basis of “consent”.
We are also required to process data to comply with our legal obligations and in the case of data processing for previous clients, the lawful basis for processing is “legal obligation”.
By submitting your personal data you consent to the use of that information for a specific purpose as set out in this policy.
You may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting email@example.com
Who we share your information with
We will only share information with third parties where necessary to conduct the services we provide. We share information with the following:
- Business associates and other professional advisers (where you have given permission)
- Data processors including sub-contractors processing data on our behalf
- Legal and regulatory authorities
- Government agencies including HM Revenue & Customs and Companies House
We will only share your information where necessary and only with firms who can evidence they are GDPR compliant.
How we protect your information
We have put in place various security measures, both technical and organisational, to protect your personal data from loss, misuse, alternation or destruction. Our security and privacy policies are regularly reviewed. You have the right to ask us questions about how we protect your information (see Access to your information below).
All Barrett & Co employees have signed a confidentiality agreement and only authorised persons will have access to your personal data.
The information you provide may be transferred to countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA) that do not have similar protections in place regarding your data and restrictions on its use as set out in this policy. However, we will take steps to ensure adequate protections are in place to ensure the security of your information. The EEA comprises the EU member states plus Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein. By submitting your information, you consent to these transfers for the purposes specified above.
Access to your information, updating and correcting your information
You have rights as an individual to request information from us relating to your personal data. You may:
- Ask us what information we hold about you, what we use the information for, who it is shared with, how it is stored, how long it is kept, the source of the data
- Ask to see the data we hold about you
- Request that any incorrect information is rectified
- Request that information is erased
- Ask for processing to be restricted
- Exercise your right to data portability
- Object to processing
If you wish to submit any such requests, please contact us:
Barrett & Co, Tithe House, 15 Duke’s Ride, Crowthorne, Berkshire RG45 6LZ
Tel: 01344 780300
Any requests will be dealt with within one month of receipt and will normally be free of charge. Where requests are complex or involve excessive amounts of time, or where a request is a repeat of a previous request, a fee may be charged and this will be advised to you at the time of the request.
We want to ensure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. If any of the information that you have provided to us changes, for example, if you change your email address or name, please let us know the correct details by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or send a letter to Stephen Barrett, Barrett & Co, Tithe House, 15 Duke’s Ride, Crowthorne, Berkshire RG45 6LZ. You may ask us, or we may ask you, to correct information you or we think is inaccurate, and you may also ask us to remove information which is inaccurate.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as required under the legal and regulatory obligations we are subject to. For UK tax and accounting purposes, we are required to keep transaction and invoice information for six years.
Links to other websites
Cookies and other information-gathering technologies
More information on cookies can be found at www.allaboutcookies.org.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system. These are known as session cookies.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.